Re: TB: Unknown burgundy

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Unknown burgundy
  • From: land_of_mu@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:43:09 -0000

Laetitia -  it is hard to say if the leaves were normally sized.
First year plantings for me often don't exibit the size of foliage
that they attain with maturity.  They were not noticably smaller than
the others around them, but at 25" the height of the bloom stalk
definitely was smaller than it's neighbors.  The flower was average
mid-sized bloom.  It certainly wasn't an extra-large flower, but not
the petite size that might suggest a MDB or the like either.  I'd
lean toward it being a BB or IB, or just a TB that's small from it's
first year and lack of ideal conditions.  The standards were slightly
lighter than the falls but more from the texture than color, so
definitely a self. The red coloration seems to come a little more
from the orange/brown side than the purple side of the spectrum. It
definitely had rusty overtones to it.

I look forward to your pics.  thanks for your assistance.  =)