introduction and request

  • Subject: [iris-photos] introduction and request
  • From: karenditton@bww.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:22:21 -0000

I'm new to this list and fairly new to irises as well.  I bought my
first 3 (4 if you count the bonus) in '97.  At the time I figured
that was all I'd want in my small yard, but I'm now up to 35
varieties!!!  (Which I'm sure is still quite small compared to most
of you!)  Anyway, I'm now hopelessly hooked!

My request is for a little help sorting out three of my varieties
that I bought last year.  To quickly explain, when they arrived I was
having really bad morning sickness, so my mom stuck them in pots
thinking I'd plant them where I wanted them in a few weeks.  But
before that happened the marked leaves had dried and come off and
then the deck cleaning guy moved them around and suddenly we had no
idea which was which.

The three varieties are Cimmaron Strip, Firebreak, and Wild Oats.  If
anyone has a photo of any of these irises I'd really appreciate the

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!