[PHOTO] Alophia drummondii | Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:31:21" />

[PHOTO] Alophia drummondii

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Alophia drummondii
  • From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:30:54 -0400

I got some seeds of Alophia drummondii last winter and planted them
in flats.  They germinated last spring and have stayed outside ever
since (even surviving through winter--despite one of the coldest
December's on record).  Anyway, I am really excited that they are now
blooming.  I think there is a strong resemblance to Tigridia and
Pardanthopsis so I'll try a bit of hybridizing and see what happens.
Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!