Re: Sandy Mohr

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Sandy Mohr
  • From: "donald" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:02:22 -0000

> Last year I received Sandy Mohr as an extra with an order.  It did
not bloom this year and I have been unable to find a registration
for it.

> Can anyone provide a description, photo and/or parentage?

I received this too, but unfortunately it just survived a bout with
rot only to have all the increase (very late) disappear to
grasshoppers.  The rhizome is still firm, but I'm doubtful it will
recover now.

Here's a bit of info.  Not registered.  Circa 1957 by Loomis - a
WILLIAM MOHR derivative.  Described as a big, unusual flower in
shades of yellow and tan.  May be an OB- but was disenrolled as an
arilbred because the content could not be determined.  Was marketed
in '57 despited not being registered. I don't have a height noted.

I hope your rhizome thrives.  This is one I'd like a chance at
growing again.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 8, USA

> Betsy Higgins
> Hendersonville, NC

Buy Natural Vitamins for Good Prostate & Male Health. $28.97
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid=2865&lp=prosta2.html
http://us.click.yahoo.com/qJIe0D/89VGAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM