Re: JI-SIB: New seedling

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: JI-SIB: New seedling
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:47:45 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Hensler" <hensler@p...> wrote:
"From some of the original seeds finally planted a few years ago....
One of the darkest to date." --Christy Hensler

Christy, this one is a beauty!

Incidentally, the NO-ID JI mama of your babies is thriving here as
are both the SIB pollen sources.  We have had more than abundant rain-
-over eight "official" inches in May, and nearly seven so far during
the month of July, both on the order of twice the normal rainfall for
stadardized location.  Our own location seems to get even more than
the reporting station.  The JI's and SIB's are in seventh heaven, as
are water-loving forest trees and shrubs.  The TB's suffer, but
recently have begun more rapid growth as we have been getting some
sun and dry days between the storms.

The wet year hasn't begun to make up for five years of drought, but
it's enough to get the rivers running more than full.  The surface
profile is saturated but the accumulated deficit still shows in deep

There seems to be a system circulating over the SW that is bringing
in some moisture south of you.  Perhaps your dry phase is beginning
to weaken?

Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.