Re: Re: SDB: Just A Croc pics

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: SDB: Just A Croc pics
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- irischap <irischapman@netscape.net> wrote:
> The flower looks like JAC to me.
> How is the increase on your plant? Do the increases
> also have variagation?
> Sometiomes I get this sort of thing and the plant
> will gradually
> disapear seeming to be some sort of disease.

I have grown Just A Croc for 4-5 years, almost since
it's introduction. I got my start from another
irisarian. It has always been variegated and all the
increase are also variegated. I have never seen a
green fan on it. It's never been a strong grower for
me and I think the flower form and color is not that
great. The variegation is in the yellow range so gives
the plant a sickly look. I was thinking about throwing
it away. The only reason I kept it all this time is
because it was variegated. I emailed Brad Kasperek a
couple of years ago trying to comfirm the variegated
leaves but never got a reply.

Do you Yahoo!?