puzzle for Chris Darlington

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] puzzle for Chris Darlington
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:20:13 -0500

Here's a TB X AB seedling for you.  Look at the beard on the right side.
Looks like a horn to me.  What do you see?  I noticed this in the photo, but
not on the real life bloom.  I'll have to check next time to see if it's a
trick of the photo somehow.  In truth, I wouldn't have thought to look for
appendages here and probably didn't.  The cross is MORE REFRESHING X KOKO
KNOLL.  Not a cross where I'd expect to see any SA traits.  MR has the
truest green tint of any so-called green iris I've grown.  The seedling
bloom was greenish, but not a very attractive shade.  It didn't especially
favor bloom of either parent.  There's a better photo depicting the true
color better, but that beard feature doesn't show.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image