Re: - labels that STAY and do not fade!

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] - labels that STAY and do not fade!
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry_snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:23:40 -0700

Jan Lauritzen wrote:
> Gerry,
>
> The P-Touch PC prints between two layers - It prints on one tape and
> is sealed with a laminate layer over it.  It will not fade.  Is this
> true of the laser printed onto a tape or applique' film.  Mine is all
> one step.  Do you have to apply a laminate layer of some sort?  If so,
> that would be another step.  Also, do you have to cut it into strips?

Jan,

As I said, using the applique' is more work and less convenient.

Laser printers just put permanent toner on top of permanent plastic
film. I usually give the finished tags a spraying with clear Krylon, but
have not noticed any lifetime difference with the uncoated ones. And
It's not much extra work or setup, because I spray the metal tags with
green Krylon before putting on the applique'.

I do not have to cut up the film, however. My tags are 8 1/2 x 11".

Well, for the humor-impaired, I will admit the above is a lie. Each page
must be laid out and then cut up.

For me the extra work (which I have not done in a while--I am way behind
in doing tags, but old ones are over a decade old with no signs of aging
other than gardener abuse) is more than worth not having yet one more
gizmo in my computer setup.

Gerry

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM