{Disarmed} Cult: I. borer ~4th instar

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Cult: I. borer ~4th instar
  • From: Sandy Ives rives@rogers.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:18:25 -0400 (EDT)

I don't seem to be able to cultivar the iris borer in captivity, so I'm forced to go out into the garden and harvest the wild ones.

The first is a mid-third instar (my guess) that just made it to the rhizome.

The next two are early fourth instar that have been in the first rhizome for a few days.

I'm trying to keep the one in the rhizome alive for a couple of weeks.

Thumb (dirty and clean) is mine.  It takes a couple of weeks to get the nails clean.

Sandy Ives in Ottawa.
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33860&stime=1152840123

JPEG image

JPEG image