Re: {Disarmed} Opinions Please?

  • Subject: Re: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Opinions Please?
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:39:49 -0700

They look to me like they have been out of the ground for a while and
may have been a little stressed in the growers garden, but the rhizomes
look plenty strong.

Remember that the roots on the ones on the left will not grow once they
have been out of the ground for very long. The only real purpose they
serve is to hold the rhizome in place and upright while new roots grow
from the little yellow nubs you see on the "chin" of the rhizome.

Be sure to soak them in a 10% clorox bath for at least half an hour to
kill off any disease that may be on the rhizome.

On Jul 21, 2006, at 7:32 AM, Linda Hunt wrote:

> I received two iris rhizome orders in the mail yesterday.  Both came
> from CA.  I was so terrible disappointed with one of the orders that I
> called the company in question to request a refund.  She assured me
> that the rhizomes in question would grow....just to plant them and I
> would be pleasantly surprised in the spring.  I have been growing iris
> for over 25 years and I have been hybridizing for about 3 years.  I
> have never ever seen iris that look this bad.
> I would love to know if you think the iris on the right side of the
> enclosed photo will grow.  These are iris from the 2 different
> companies that I received from.  I sent this picture to the company
> when I requested a refund.  She politely told me to just plant the
> iris, but did not want to refund my money.  Is there a chance that
> these might grow in your personal opinions???????????????????
> In Doubt in Lascassas
> Linda
> ps:  I deliberately did not mention the companies names because I am
> not in the business of making trouble for anyone.  My concern is just
> going to the trouble to plant all of these iris and getting nothing in
> return.
>    <Questionable Iris.jpg>

Yahoo! Groups Links