Gophers

  • Subject: Gophers
  • From: Jack Carter <jackcarter@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:08:25 -0700 (PDT)

I believe creating a perimeter of welded metal fencing fabric maybe 1/2" in diameter sunken
18" underground with another 12" above ground will keep them out. I may be off a bit in depth
and hight, but I believe this is pretty close. You want to prevent them from going either under or
over the barrier.

After you have sealed off the area, you will need to eliminate the gophers that current reside within
the perimeter. I prefer carpet bombing sorties with B1 or B52 for this task, but the narrow minded
city bureaucrats in our suburb of  the SF bay area frown on that so you may have to rely on the
much less entertaining trapping and poisoning methods.

That is of course if you don't have a dump truck of hungry snakes at your disposal.

Cheers,

Jack

Jack Carter
jackcarter@yahoo.com