Re: [SPAM] Gopher damage photo

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] Gopher damage photo
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:59:29 -0700

There's a tale around here - get juicy fruit gum, chew it a little and stick it in the holes.  The gopher will eat it and die.  It has worked.
I know this sounds off the wall, like using bounce sheets from dryer for the ants but it works.  Someone someday may explain to me why, but I don't really care why if it works
Plus a smart good hunter cat is worth it's weight.  My cats never let me down --so far.  My old clunker cat(17lbs), Sherbert,  was good at catching gopher's. He's older now and I don't have gophers where I am now, but Bugs, my new little female cat,  is a good mouser, And shrew hunter (though we are not suppose to have shrews here).
So continues the saga of gardening.!!!!!!!!! HA
Linda in CW AZ