RE: Gopher damage photo

  • Subject: RE: Gopher damage photo
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:45:13 -0700

Vicki, we have many gophers here in the Phoenix area.  They make honeycombs of our ditch banks so we have to rebuild them regularly to keep irrigation water from going every place except to the garden.  Occasionally their mounds of dirt will bury a clump of irises, but I have never found a rhizome eaten like that.  That is terrible.  I have been told that well used, stinky cat litter poured into their holes will send them to the next neighborhood.  They will think that the cats have invaded.  Unfortunately I don’t have a cat.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9