Re: GOPHER damage

  • Subject: Re: GOPHER damage
  • From: "orders at Sutton's" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:00:09 -0700

Phostoxin or Weevilcide is very effective but quite dangerous if applied incorrectly.  Gloves must be used, respirator is recommended and must be applied in dry conditions.  Never indoors and the pellets must be applied in the hole which then needs to be sealed with a paper plug and then a dirt plug.  I would recomend a safer method such as coated grain applied in the hole, if you want to use a pesticide.  Always can use a garden hose and shovel to whack them when they are driven out by the water.  Flood irrigation keeps them under control in our growing fields but not in the displays.  Good luck with your problem.  Rhizomes are not fatal to gophers don't know why the appeal to them.
Mike Sutton