Re: Re: GOPHER damage

  • Subject: Re: Re: GOPHER damage
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:14:26 -0700

I buy the Gopher bait. It is seeds of some kind treated with poison.

I find the easiest way to use it is to get one of those gopher probes that you plunge into the ground. When you feel the rod pop through into their tunnel, you twist a little lever on the top and seeds are dispensed into the tunnel.

May take a little while but eventually they find it and eat the poison. All the seed is underground so birds won't get it.

Here is a link to show you what they look like so you can find one at your local store.

Good tips here:

scroll down to the section on baiting

Amazing what you can find searching the web.

John