In a message dated 7/26/2007 5:38:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time, tasquierloic@cs.com writes:
<<would be delighted if it were properly identified>>
Loic, It is very hard to identify a noid from a photo.  There are so many that fit any given description.  Very true with yellow rebloomers.
Therefore, I'm only giving a suggestion--not an identification.  It would help to know if your supplier carries "Spirit of Memphis."
Griff?  Robin?
When I originally grew this iris in Alvaton, in the early 90's, it had a chrome shine to it and the haft marks were a bit more brown.  It really got my attention.  Could have been the soil or the afternoon shade.  I've grown it here and it looks much like the one in your photo.   I've had a hard time accepting it as the correct iris and have bought it from a couple of places trying to determine the true identity.  I'm not sure about the beard.  Lloyd wasn't real clear on beard colors at times and my memory is failing a bit.
My suggestion would be to buy anything suggested and grow them side by side.  Count veins and check vein placement . . . color distribution on the beard, etc..  You should be able to identify it by the time you're ready to introduce anything from a cross.
The form on it was better than HOM and the branching not as good or consistent.  In my garden.
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Some seedlings planted and some still in the pots!
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives
AIS: American Iris Society website