Re: HYB: Sara's Beauty X bee pollen unknown

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Sara's Beauty X bee pollen unknown
  • From: mahlberg s <s_j_mahlberg@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:49:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your comments Margie.

I am not sure about the pollen parent.
 Out of the ten seedlings I had, three survived four years.
This was the first to open.
It's a pretty flower, I like the ruffles and shape, but the flower size and overall plant itself are nothing to brag about.
Hopefully the other two seedlings will survive and flower next season as well.
I unfortunately have limited space and thus a limited numbers of irises to work with.  Further more, this season, I did not have another plicata opened to cross to.
 This year this seedling didn't take pollen from itself. It may not. It may be pod sterile too. I am not sure at this point.
I'm running out of room for new seedlings anyway ;) (my justification :) )
next year, time to pick and choose previuous crosses (anticipating 2nd year flowering :) ) to make room.
Awaiting next season and for this years pods from other crosses to mature.

Steve zone 4B Minnesota