Pod ripeness

  • Subject: Pod ripeness
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 18:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

Since we seem to be on the subject of how ripe our pods are or aren't at harvest, and since I harvested today, I thought I'ld post a few pictures related to that topic.

Here is a photo of all the pods I harvested this year.  It's a slow year.

There is some variability in the color of the pods, but I haven't yet allowed any of my pods to get much whiter than this.

The pods are arranged oldest to youngest top to bottom right to left.  The pods that are placed diagonally in the bottom row are this years bee pods, so their age is not known.

JPEG image