Re: HYB: American Sweetheart

  • Subject: Re: HYB: American Sweetheart
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:24:58 -0000

Hello Tom,

> So do you get fall rebloom down there or does the heat and dryness (and grasshoppers) prevent any of that?

Mostly the conditions prevent fall rebloom. When plants try, the results aren't usually satisfactory. Either the heat and insects destroy them or they are too late getting started and get frozen. The effort is more often than not a waste of the rhizome. Once in a while I'll get a decent bloom or two.