HYB: ? Recessive Yellow

Here's an interesting one for discussion. Flowered for the first time this morning, from breeding - Replicator x Tropical Delight

Looks like a  possibly recessive yellow, with thumbspot, yellow rim and broken colour plus rebloom.

Lots of increase. Repicator grows OK for me but Tropical Delight hardly grows at all for me and only flowers every few years.
I know Tropical Delight is registered as having "amber yellow" stds but to me they always look peach, or is the peach from co-_expression_ of pink and yellow.

I'd appreciate all comments

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills South Australia.

irischapman@aim.com wrote:

I'm very interested in more details of crosses of Sly Fox producing
yellows. If crossed to something that is yellow it would be expected to
produce yellows. But in a cross to something that doesn't have yellow
it should not produce yellows.

A yellow from Sly Fox X Lady Celeste is a mystery. As reduction of
yellow is supose to be a recessive, none from this cross should have

Ther have been rumours of a dominant yellow repression gene , but no
clear evidence of it's exsistence.

By the way, there is no "dominant White" gene. There is a dominant
repression of anthocyanin gene, but it has no effect on inheritence of

Chuck Chapman

Re: HYB TB Photo: SLY FOX x CELESTE correction

Posted by: "Margie Valenzuela"

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:18 pm (PDT)

Hi Linda,

'Sly Fox' is a pure white and will easily throw yellows (I've used SF
in other crosses in the past and have gotten a majority of yellows from
it). Lady Celesta is a very pale blue. I don't think I suspect
different pollen parents so much, ......as much as I DO wonder where
that yellow spot and/or wide honey ringed pattern comes from on the
yellow sibling. Any thou

~ Margie V.

JPEG image

JPEG image