Re: HYB TB Photo: SLY FOX x CELESTE correction

  • Subject: Re: HYB TB Photo: SLY FOX x CELESTE correction
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:31:28 -0400

I'm very interested in more details of crosses of Sly Fox producing
yellows. If crossed to something that is yellow it would be expected to
produce yellows. But in a cross to something that doesn't have yellow
it should not produce yellows.

A yellow from Sly Fox X Lady Celeste is a mystery. As reduction of
yellow is supose to be a recessive, none from this cross should have

Ther have been rumours of a dominant yellow repression gene , but no
clear evidence of it's exsistence.

By the way, there is no "dominant White" gene. There is a dominant
repression of anthocyanin gene, but it has no effect on inheritence of

Chuck Chapman

Re: HYB TB Photo: SLY FOX x CELESTE correction

Posted by: "Margie Valenzuela"

Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:18 pm (PDT)

Hi Linda,

'Sly Fox' is a pure white and will easily throw yellows (I've used SF
in other crosses in the past and have gotten a majority of yellows from
it). Lady Celesta is a very pale blue. I don't think I suspect
different pollen parents so much, ......as much as I DO wonder where
that yellow spot and/or wide honey ringed pattern comes from on the
yellow sibling. Any thou

~ Margie V.