Dennis Kramb wrote that this iris looked like KOSHO EN. I had
grouped the Setosa seedlings in my mind into 'east coast' and
'west coast' (of N. America). But I remember now that I had seeds
from KOSHO EN among the SIGNA Seed Exchange seeds that
I had planted.

Dennis, do you know where KOSHO EN originated? Perhaps this
Setosa is from the east coast of Siberia, or from northern Japan?

Dan Mason  zone 3, NW Ontario

Old school buds here: