Re: Re:Species:Setosa:WestCoast

>Dennis Kramb wrote that this iris looked like KOSHO EN. I had
>grouped the Setosa seedlings in my mind into 'east coast' and
>'west coast' (of N. America). But I remember now that I had seeds
>from KOSHO EN among the SIGNA Seed Exchange seeds that
>I had planted.
>
>Dennis, do you know where KOSHO EN originated? Perhaps this
>Setosa is from the east coast of Siberia, or from northern Japan?
>
>Dan Mason  zone 3, NW Ontario
>dmason@rainyriver.lakeheadu.ca

DO NOT HOLD ME TO THIS STORY but I seem to remember this was being sold by
a nursery called "Kosho Nursery" somewhere on the West Coast of USA???  It
was a wild collected form of setosa, but they had it mislabelled as a
Japanese iris or something.

Sorry, I only vaguely remember someone talking about this in the distant
past!  Maybe it is still in the archives?  I'm too lazy to find out.  :(

It was regsitered by B. LeRoy Davidson in 1984.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6
http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html

SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2658/0/_/503733/_/961641926/