--- In iris-photos@y..., dwiris@a... wrote:
> Your pictures are great, but the clump of ALPINE LAKE looks terrible.  It
> shouldn't have all that purple streaking.

Oh, Dorothy!  I read many absolutely RAVE reviews of ALPINE LAKE in the
spring of 2000 on iris-talk but never saw a picture.  I just HAD to add it to my
garden based on all the wonderful things I'd read, and when it bloomed this
spring, I assumed this was what it was supposed to look like.  I thought it was
*stunning* with all the purple streaking!  I had no idea it wasn't supposed to
be there.  :-(

I've had a few irises show purple streaking this year, and for the most part I've
thought it added great interest to the blooms.  Is there some way to tell the
difference between mosaic virus and legitimate color breaking?

I apologize for having posted a non-representative pic of such a lovely little