Re: SPEC: Setosa - light blue

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] SPEC: Setosa - light blue
  • From: "lilylvr" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:05:18 -0700

Hi Christy,
I am in Kansas. In a normal summer here things just bakes in August. The ground here makes huge cracks you can break a leg in where it is not watered and smaller ones where it is watered.  Very few things survive without any water. Bearded Iris do and some daylilies. Peonies have always been a favorite in this area along with trumpet vine and bittersweet. Indian Paintbrush and devils horn esclespias are natives and thrive here.  All other full sun plants in my garden require watering just to stay alive and moisture lovers sometimes cook. I am just afraid to try them.