Re: More iris now blooming

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: More iris now blooming
  • From: "Shauna" <skorblizzard@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:40:55 -0000

Hi Harold,

I never actually left. :) I have been looking at all the beautiful
iris photos that our members have been posting here but had none to
share until now. (Zone 3, ya know).  :)

Yes, the past winter was horrid for the iris. I worried all winter
and my worries were in deed justified. When you have no snow cover
and it gets down to -35C, you know you are going to have problems
come spring. Even some of my tried and true oldies bit the dust. We
have had a very dry year in Alberta - as dry as the "dust bowl of the
1930's" so they say.

Harold wrote:
Welcome back Shauna. Have you been lurking or just rejoined the group?

Sorry to learn that your TBs did not make it. The lack of snow cover
is a problem with them.