Re: Unknown Historic

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Unknown Historic
  • From: "Shauna" <skorblizzard@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 06:08:24 -0000

Hi El,

Is your unknown blooming now? If you can believe it - even after my
big TB wipe-out occurred, this guy - our common white/purple - is
blooming now. The winter drastically reduced the numbers of this
particular variety, but did not wipe it out completely as with the
others. I am thinking that these unknowns are blooming at the time of
the BB or IB here - quite a bit earlier than the TB's would be

El wrote:

At the success rate I'm having finding any of these to grow nearby my
unknown, I'll be a historic myself by the time I find them all!!!
> Actually, it's possible that your iris and mine aren't the same.
Perhaps you'd like to stop by again this weekend, and cut a flower to
bring along.  I have 2 different clumps blooming right now.
> And many IB's, BB's and MTB's blooming too to entice you further,
including BB Eramosa Miss and BB Canadian Border, both from Chuck
Chapman....MTB Bumblebee Delight is also blooming!