Re: TB:Corn Harvest

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB:Corn Harvest
  • From: laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 00:03:55 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "laetitia munro" <lmmunro@h...> wrote:
> This is my Corn Harvest(Wyatt 77). It's not the greatest picture..a little
> fuzzy, but it sure looks different from Laurie's Corn Harvest.
> Although mine was purchased last year as a named cultivar, I'm betting it is
> NOT Corn Harvest.
> Laetitia

You're right, Laetitia.  Your CH does not look like mine, but I'm not sure yours
is the imposter.  I bought both CH and HARVEST OF MEMORIES as named
cvs last year, and they both bloomed this year only one day apart and looking
*very much alike*.  They are planted in the same bed within 10' of each other.
The only notable difference between them was the fact that CH bloomed on a
very short stalk hidden down in the fan, while HOM bloomed on a normal
sized stalk.

I'm going to go ahead and post pics of my HOM now, and I sure would
appreciate all the experts who read this list taking a look at my CH (which I
posted a couple days ago), my HOM, and Laetitia's CH.  Please help us sort
this out and figure out which is which.

Thanking everyone in advance,

zone 3b northern MN