Re: PCN's

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PCN's
  • From: "Harold" <harold@directcon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:01:39 -0700

I hope you are planning on introducing the PCIs. We need a broader gene pool
than Joe Ghio.

I am one of those that uses PCI (Pacific Coast iris) because they are
hybrids and therefore not "natives".

According to Jay Hudson, there are people growing PCIs in areas that were
not considered possible. I suspect the interspecies crosses have improved
their survivability. Unfortunately I don't have any concrete details about
what cultivars are surviving out of climate or any other useful information.

In my case summer water doesn't seem to be a problem because I was told that
I needed to water them and have done so about once a month. My original
source had them in a bed next to a lawn and they got watered everytime the
lawn did.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road