[PHOTO] TB: Caliente | Sun, 1 Jun 2003 11:57:34" />

[PHOTO] TB: Caliente

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: Caliente
  • From: "Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin" clc@cherylleigh.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 12:51:35 -0400

I am very excited to see this iris bloom, because it had a rocky start in
the garden. It was a tiny nub of a rhizome with one or two teeeeny roots
sticking out from it, that I fished out of the "yard waste" trashcan because
I felt sorry for it.<G> I planted it in the "good" part of the garden so
that it would have the best chance to grow. Two years later there are only
one or two fans, but it's alive and the bloom stalk is nice and tall and
straight.

Cheryl Leigh