Re: ID Help

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] ID Help
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 19:27:06 -0700

> Linda Weaselhead wrote:
> Here are pictures of several Iris I have, bought them several years
> ago for a quarter a root, I know that's not the right word.

A nice selection of iris, and at $.25 per rhizome, you got a bargain.

> Anyone know what any of them are?

Identifying an iris from a picture is just about a hopeless task. There
are so many thousands of different ones out there that the best you
could hope for is to get the names of some possibilities, order them,
and grow them side-by-side with yours and see how close they are. More
trouble than most folks want to take.

But thank you for posting the pix.

American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19