Re: TB: PBF - Elsa Sass ID help

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: PBF - Elsa Sass ID help
  • From: "nmogens" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:13:00 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Mickey Corley <mcorley@c...>
wrote:
Could this
> still be ELSA SASS?
>
>  I have posted 2 different images of my pale yellow iris  on iris-
photos.
> Iris it might possibly be are:
>
> CORPORAL MARY (Graves - 1949)
> CREAM CHIFFON  (Innes - 1953)
> DESERT SONG (Fay - 1943)  (Probably not)
> MOONLIGHT MADONNA (J. Sass - 1943)

Mickey--your NOID looks a lot like Desert Song.  I do not believe it
is Elsa Sass.  Take note of my reply on Iris Talk about haft
veination and one way to help ID an iris.  I believe Moonlight
Madonna is also a glaciata, as it is from Elsa Sass, so would not be
your NOID if haft marks are present.

Neil Mogensen  z 6b/7a near Asheville/Hendersonville, NC