[PHOTO] seedling escapees | Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:08:06" />

[PHOTO] seedling escapees

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] seedling escapees
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:07:03 -0500

I call this bunch my 'Schreiner blues'.  The pod parent was BREAKERS and I
used both YAQUINA BLUE and NAVAJO JEWEL on the bloom that set the pod.  The
color is more in line with YB, so I think that is the probable paternal
parent.  They've done well since their first year.  They aren't what I'm
interested in working with, but they've put on such a good show they
survived tossing yet another season.  This was the third year for bloom and
it was the poorest for them.  For every stalk shown, there were two stalks
wiped out by the late freezes this year.  Still a good show in a bad year.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA