Re: Strange Brew

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Strange Brew
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:25:20 EDT

In a message dated 6/3/2004 1:44:06 PM Central Daylight Time, jrohrer31@earthlink.net writes:

When I first looked at  F 7-1 this spring I thought it was  Afternoon Delight  but in comparing it to mine that was blooming  decided not , I think the closest I have seen to it is a pic of Paradise Found  in the 2002 Cooly's catalog ,, has this one been considered?

Not until you mentioned it, Jim.
I looked at the photo in Cooly's. You're right it close but I do not think you get the cigar Randy mentioned. PF has yellow beards with no indication or mention of the purple in the terminal end evident in the photos of noid 7-1. Also I think the Cooley photo of PF does not show the deep purple tint on the underside of the style arms of 7-1.

Sure do prechate the guess, I was gettin' excited! At least we know it is worth tryin' to identify. So far no one has offered up an iris in this pattern with lavender or purple beard.
Bill Burleson

Doyle's             Wilkerson's    Burleson's      7-1 Bloom

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links