IB: AZ AP or BABY BLUE MARINE???

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] IB: AZ AP or BABY BLUE MARINE???
  • From: "Katherine Cordes" <acordes@freeway.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:58:33 -0400

Good Morning again!

I need help on identifying this iris, as it was given to me as AZ AP.  Last year I took a stalk of it to the iris show, and it was disqualified because the judges thought it was mis-named.  One of the possibilities I found in its place was Baby Blue Marine, but I'd never heard of that IB until last year.

I think it was disqualified because I grow it in 1/2 shade.  That might make the booms different.  I like it, personally. Attached are 2 photos.  The first is AZ AP in the morning, in SHADE.  The second photo is of the same flower, later that afternoon in SUN.

So, what'll it be?  AZ AP, or Baby Blue Marine??

Thanks again!

Adam
Region 6
Zone 4.5