Flat SA TB: My Darling Scatterbrain

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Flat SA TB: My Darling Scatterbrain
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

I just remembered one more that I grew. It was a space
age sometimes flat iris called My Darling
Scatterbrain. When I got it, I didn't know why it was
called Scatterbrain but as I grew it I understood wht
it meant. I recall it grew very well. Sometimes one,
two or all three of the standards would dropped open.
It seemed to me that it wasn't a matter of weak
standards flopping open but the standards literally
opened up like a fall. There were sparse beard
bristles on the standards but not enough to call them
actual beards. Anyway, I have attached a pic of a
normal bloom and one that opened all the way. Quite

Seattle, WA. zone 8