Playing with historics

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Playing with historics
  • From: Chris Darlington chrisdarlington@videotron.ca
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:14:11 -0400

I've tried many times over the years to set pods on my Grand Mother's clump of Ramseses but never got a take.  Two years ago I set a pod on Maharishi with pollen from Ramseses and this is what has popped up in my seedling bed along with another one.  While this seedling is nothing to ring doorbells about, I quite like it compared to the pollen parent for a number of reasons.  First of all, it has added width and a touch better substance and form.  Colors are quite a bit more intense as well so I was some what entertained at how I was able to bring a bit of life back into the bloom.

These are just curiosities for me, I thought I'd share what's blooming in the seedling bed.

Chris

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image

JPEG image