RE: HYB: Pink Attraction X Romantic Evening seedlings

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: Pink Attraction X Romantic Evening seedlings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:21:20 -0700

Those are nice pictures of nice seedlings, Robin.  I love the color of No. 2 and the lined falls on No. 3.  No. 1 and 3 seem to have wide enough falls.  Pink Attraction is one of the most miserable irises I have.  It grows poorly and puts three misformed flowers on stalks twelve to fifteen inches high.  I can’t bring myself to cross it with anything.  I am usually inclined to pitch it, but I keep hoping it will do better.

Thanks for the pictures, and congratulations on pretty seedlings.  I didn’t use Romantic Evening this spring.  I’ve seen too many seedlings that look almost exactly like it.  Perhaps I’ll try it on one of my pink seedlings next year.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9