Re: HYB: Pink Attraction X Romantic Evening seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Pink Attraction X Romantic Evening seedlings
  • From: "Robin Shadlow" rshadlow@wildmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:38:44 -0500

Branching and bud count was fine on the darker seedling 03
59B.  I was most worried about the substance and flower
size.  In general, this cross wasn't very tall, and had
medium sized blooms.  There were a lot of triple socketed
stalks, so bud count was acceptible, but hopefully there
will be more spurs on subsequent bloom.

If I had known that it took 1000 seedlings to get Pink
Attraction, I may have used it much more sparingly.  I had
this theory that dragging the rebloom in with a pink that
rebloomed reliably here would make it easier to get rebloom
into other patterns.  We'll see.   Hopefully some of these
will rebloom, they were the fastest increasers of the
seedlings planted last year.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

Help Make Poverty History  Sign the ONE Declaration:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/endpoverty

http://www.Care2.com  Free e-mail. 100MB storage.  Helps charities.

Yahoo! Groups Links