Re: Re: Black Andromeda pedigree

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Black Andromeda pedigree
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:45:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2005 7:03:26 A.M. Central Standard Time, lmann@volfirst.net writes:
<<<I asked him if he had any thoughts about what the true parentage was.
He said his guess had always been CATAWBA RUBY by EBONY ECHO.>>>>
Yet, Chuck grows one named BLACK ANDROMEDA that looks exactly as one would expect the iris to look, based on the parentage in the R & I.  (And I can't imagine why it would carry the name BLACK.)
If Will is correct, where did the iris come from that Chuck grows?  Chuck is there any chance Chet sent this to you as a seedling, before it was introduced to the public?
Linda, I'm afraid this is one mystery we will never totally solve.  There are others!  <vbg>

Yahoo! Groups Links