  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] CAREFREE DAYS
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 19:11:08 -0400

Donald  --  I'm glad CAREFREE DAYS is brightening your late garden.  The
official description of the color is "stands and style arms light peach;
falls darker peach, lightening at edges; beards yellow orange, red orange in
throat".  Like you, I'd call it champagne.   LINGERING TOUCH,  another
seedling of mine,  is a look-alike  --  but is like the little girl who,
when she was good, was very, very good, but when she was bad, she was awful.
It can put up beautifully branched stalks, but it can also put up ones on
which the blooms are bunched.  Still, it has great vigor and is an extremely
late bloomer  --  I just made the last two crosses of the year from it
today.  I guess next year I'll cross CAREFREE DAYS and LINGERING TOUCH and
hope to get the best of both.  --  Griff