{Disarmed} HYB: Rebloom

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] HYB: Rebloom
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 17:10:40 -0400

Here's another of the 20B series of seedlings (LUMALITE x BLAZING SUNRISE), which I was posting back in mid-April.  All are intermediates or standard dwarfs.  But this one has decided to bloom now, when everything else in the gardens except STEALTH FIGHTER (TB) has finished blooming.  It's an intermediate with 5 buds, but they're tucked in too tightly on the stalk.  I don't have a photo of it in spring bloom, so I don't recall whether this is it's normal form or just because it's blooming out of season.   And now I see that a seedling of HOLY NIGHT x SWEETER THAN WINE (also a TB) has put up a stalk with several buds which haven't opened yet.  If it opens soon enough, I'll hope to put some pollen on STEALTH FIGHTER's remaining blooms and/or vice-versa.   As I've said before, this is a strange year.  --  Griff
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590&grpId=43451&grpspId=1602632694&msgId=33406&stime=1149801422

JPEG image

JPEG image