{Disarmed} HYB:What do I do with a bee pod

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] HYB:What do I do with a bee pod
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:40:49 EDT

A couple weeks ago, our garden club did a little clean up in a members garden (she is in the nursing home now & can't do it).  I broke off the bloom stalks on some iris & one of them had a huge seed pod like a VERY large chicken egg.  I put the see pod in my pocket I brought it home.  Now what, if anything besides toss it in the garbage, do I do with it?  I have never really had any interesting in hybridizing (I will leave that to you experts) but it seemed like it would be nice to have a 'souvenir' iris from her yard that would be unique.  I have absolutely no idea of the color of the original iris.

Connie Eggen
Warsaw, MO zone 5+

Connie Eggen
Warsaw, MO zone 5+