Spuria Dress Circle & bloomout update

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Spuria Dress Circle & bloomout update
  • From: Lawrence & Helen Lacey lacey@avalon.net
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:02:53 -0500

Dress Circle.JPG

I planted this two years ago, a healthy clump from a friend.  No bloom last year, but look at this.   This is the second day for these booms, so they have faded somewhat.
It is my last Spuria to bloom this year.

Thanks to all who responded to my question on bloomout.   I  left the bloom stalk on, watered them at the time, and last Friday we received a 5" rain.
Today, I dug down beside the rhizomes and on Change Your Ways discovered little white buds which are either roots or developing increase.
Nothing yet on Mood Swing.

Lawrence Lacey
Sioux City, IA