Here it is, a siberian Harpswell Snowburst, judged best of show, Siouxland Iris Society, June 2006

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Here it is, a siberian Harpswell Snowburst, judged best of show, Siouxland Iris Society, June 2006
  • From: Lawrence & Helen Lacey lacey@avalon.net
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:50:21 -0500

JPEG image

Thanks to Ellen Gallegher whose fine photos reminded me to go back to my library for this one. Here it is, the impossible, a siberian with three well separated blooms out at once. It was perfect at the time of judging. Because I had no great expectations for the late show, I didn't take my camera, so this is what it looked like after bringing it home. If it is a little the worse for the wear, with a notch out of the left fall of the top bloom, consider that this surviver has travelled 40 miles to Sioux Center, sat in the show all day, and returned another 40 miles home (this time in a bucket with all the rest of my entries.) This stalk beat out all the tall bearded entries, in a late show for TB's. It was the sparsest show I can recall us having, and in addition to my 21 TB's my 17 siberian, 2 spuria, and lactea entries helped flesh it out.

Lawrence Lacey
Sioux City, IA