RE: Here it is, a siberian Harpswell Snowburst, judged best of show, Siouxland Iris Society, June 2006

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] Here it is, a siberian Harpswell Snowburst, judged best of show, Siouxland Iris Society, June 2006
  • From: "Char Holte" cholte@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:27:07 -0500

Hi,
What a lovely surprise.

Char

-----Original Message-----
From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Lawrence & Helen Lacey
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:50 AM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] Here it is, a siberian
Harpswell Snowburst, judged best of show,
Siouxland Iris Society, June 2006

Thanks to Ellen Gallegher whose fine photos
reminded me to go back to my library for this one.
Here it is, the impossible, a siberian with
three well separated blooms out at once.  It was
perfect at the time
of judging.   Because I had no great expectations
for the late show,
I didn't take my camera, so this is what it looked
like after bringing it home.  If it is a little
the worse for the wear, with a notch out of the
left fall of the top bloom, consider that this
surviver has travelled 40 miles to Sioux Center,
sat in the show all day, and returned another 40
miles home (this time in a bucket with
all the rest of my entries.)   This stalk beat out
all the tall
bearded entries, in a late show for TB's.  It was
the sparsest show I can recall us having, and in
addition to my 21 TB's my 17 siberian, 2 spuria,
and lactea entries helped flesh it out.

Lawrence Lacey
Sioux City, IA

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM