Re: TB: HYB: Rebloom

  • Subject: Re: TB: HYB: Rebloom
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 03:05:14 -0000

I think it has to be weather conditions. My latest repeat bloom stalk
is on the old 'Butterfly Wings' Pods nearly ripe on the same clump and
here comes a new stalk. If it has any record of doing that, I can't
recall. You'd think some of the TBs and reblooming TBs that skipped
this year would try, but they haven't. But there's been an
extraordinary amount of it here this year in ABs and AB seedlings.
Ordinarily I consider the attempt a wasted rhizome, but most of them
have successfully managed a decent stalk and bloom this year.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group