RE: TB: HYB: Rebloom

  • Subject: RE: TB: HYB: Rebloom
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:13:29 -0700

Betty, Silverado is one of those Dykes Medal winners that don’t do well here.  I had it for three years, and it bloomed twice before it died.  I planted about twenty seeds from it and got zero germination.  I don’t miss it.  I think Fogbound is a much better iris.

Skating Party is the best white in Arizona, and after that one rebloom, I have considered it a rebloomer.  It has the exuberant growth that I associate with good rebloomers.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

Has Silverado rebloomed for you?

From what Griff said, I guess all irises could be considered to have the genetic ability.  Many have never done it for me.  Maybe I need to move!   Or water more!

Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: