Re: Re: Seedling 24L1

  • Subject: Re: Re: Seedling 24L1
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:45:55 +0000

I guess since this my seedling I'll answer with my opinion.  I don't find the haft makings offensive or bad if they don't take away from the overall appearence of the flower.  If they are blended or have a transitioning effect as a hybridizer I don't mind them at all.  Its when there is a distinctive stop and go effect I would find it objectionable.  My seedling 24L1 is border line in my opinion.  It could go either way.  The flower is bold enough the haft marking kind of take a back seat to the rest of its beauty.   I have several seedlings where I am working on extending the haft marking where they become part of the overall appearance.  Below is one example.  Just my opinion.

Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden

From: "amconway1636" <amconway@telusplanet.net>

Are Haft markings always considered bad?

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, iris4u2@... wrote:

> This seedling 24L1: Quiet Reflections X Louisa's Song
> Heavy Substance, very large flower, beautiful form - makes one almost
look past the haft markings, I'll work on them!