Re: Re: Seedling 24L1

Thanks for the info! Just getting started with hybridizing, and I was wondering what the standards are (no pun intended)....
Thanks! Ann
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Seedling 24L1

I guess since this my seedling I'll answer with my opinion.  I don't find the haft makings offensive or bad if they don't take away from the overall appearence of the flower.  If they are blended or have a transitioning effect as a hybridizer I don't mind them at all.  Its when there is a distinctive stop and go effect I would find it objectionable.  My seedling 24L1 is border line in my opinion.  It could go either way.  The flower is bold enough the haft marking kind of take a back seat to the rest of its beauty.   I have several seedlings where I am working on extending the haft marking where they become part of the overall appearance.  Below is one example.  Just my opinion.
Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden
From: "amconway1636" <amconway@telusplanet.net>

Are Haft markings always considered bad?

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, iris4u2@... wrote:
> This seedling 24L1: Quiet Reflections X Louisa's Song
> Heavy Substance, very large flower, beautiful form - makes one almost
look past the haft markings, I'll work on them!
> Bob in Denver
> Iris4u Iris Garden
> www.iris4u.com

Recent Activity